A Qi Story
Except for it being a foreign word, Qi is not really exotic. It’s just energy. Everybody talks about it all the time: what it does, the different kinds, what happens when there’s not enough of it or too much of it. But the mystery is that nobody can say what “it” is, exactly, even though it is the basis of Western Science and of Chinese Medicine. Western Science says:
- It is what makes things (matter) move (mechanical energy)
- It is stored in the bonds between molecules (chemical energy).
- It is the movement of charged particles (electrical energy).
- It travels in waves (radiant or electromagnetic energy). (Lately we’ve discovered that those waves can also act like particles, without notice. So…?)
- It is either in action (kinetic energy) or stored (potential energy).